Fracture Me

Title: Fracture Me
Series: Shatter Me, #2.5
Auhtor: Tahereh Mafi
Publisher: HarperCollins
Rating: ★ ★ 
"Its you first", I say to him. "It's always you first and everyone else second. And that's never going to chance. Okay?"
James nods again. A tear falls on the floor between us. "Okay, Addie."
- Adam, Fracture Me
As Omega Point prepares to launch an all-out assault on The Reestablishment soldiers stationed in Sector 45, Adam's focus couldn't be further from the upcoming battle. He's reeling from his breakup with Juliette, scared for his best friend's life, and as concerned as ever for his brother James' safety. And just as Adam begins to wonder if this life is really for him, the alarms sound. It's time for war.
On the battlefield, it seems like the odds are in their favor-but taking down Warner, Adam's newly discovered half brother, won't be that easy. The Reestablishment can't tolerate a rebellion, and they'll do anything to crush the resistance... including killing everyone Adam has ever cared about.
source: goodreads.com

Fracture Me is told from Adam's point of view. I don't like Adam. From the moment when I finished Shatter Me, I didn't like him. I don't ship Adam with Juliette, nor I ever will. Upon finishing this novella, I think it has made me like Adam even less. Yet I don't think this has to much with the character and his actions. Where oh where was his depth? Reading from Adam's point of view, he's being depicted as a flat, superficial character with no clear character traits. To do talk about Adam's character in general, that guy curses a lot. I know guys who do too, but Adam exceeds them all. Also, he seems to describe things and acts like he's on his period. When he's being mean to his brother for no reason, a few chapters later you find him hugging James and telling him he loves him. I do like the bond between James and Adam. Despite his period, the bromance is very sweet at some times. It left me saying ooooh and aaaah at the right times.

In most of the novellas I've read, there's barely any action. They exist for character development, background information, world building, etc. Fracture Me, however, contained that what I really appreciate: some action. I'm speechless and I don't know what to do with myself. How am I supposed to wait for Ignite Me after reading what just happened? About that: I wonder how Tahereh Mafi is going to fix that thing with Juliette in Ignite Me. Not everyone reads the inbetween novellas. There is a sneak peek after Fracture Me, but I know that if I start reading I have to keep on going. I hope you realise how hard this is for me.


Aurélie Cremers is an eighteen-year-old living in Belgium. As an active member on Goodreads, Edelweiss and Amazon, she's always spreading her reviews to express her opinion and influences her followers to read the books she fairly enjoyed. When she's not writing, you can find her at her local bookstore or in a classroom. With her blog, "Exploring Pages", Aurélie hopes to gain a larger public in the near future and to continue that what she'll always love doing: writing.

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home