Glitches

Title: Glitches
Series: Lunar Chronicles, #0,5
Author: Marissa Meyer
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Rating: 

"Right. A glitch." She feigned a nonchalant smile, hoping the android couldn't detect the grimace that came with it. "Maybe that's all it is." 
- Cinder, Glitches
Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She's a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed her for her step sister's illness. In Glitches, a short prequel story to Cinder, we see the results of that illness play out, and the emotional toll that takes on Cinder. Something that may, or may not, be a glitch....
source: goodreads.com

I really enjoyed 'Glitches', a short story taking place before the events of 'Cinder'. I liked it to be Cinder's first encounter with her family and the first impressions. Also, thanks to Marissa Meyer for adding a heart-wrenching ending when I thought there was nothing left to the story. Oh well, she is known to me for her amazing plot twists and that was not an exception. It's just so stupid. Poor Cinder never really got a chance to have a deep conversation with her dad. All kids must have one with their parents to really have a bond. I know this because I have one with my mum every week. Maybe that's how Marissa wanted it to turn out. To add another little tragic thing to Cinder's life. This leaves me at the last thing I want to talk about: how 'Glitches' could have been a great prologue. Like that I would have cried my eyes out with Peony in 'Cinder'. I would have gotten a OH NO NOT AGAIN GOD DAMMIT. I love to get those. Back to the prologue question, I'm probably going to bed tonight, trying to understand why it wasn't one.


Aurélie Cremers is an eighteen-year-old living in Belgium. As an active member on Goodreads, Edelweiss and Amazon, she's always spreading her reviews to express her opinion and influences her followers to read the books she fairly enjoyed. When she's not writing, you can find her at her local bookstore or in a classroom. With her blog, "Exploring Pages", Aurélie hopes to gain a larger public in the near future and to continue that what she'll always love doing: writing.

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home