SPRING MOON BY HRH PRINCESS SOPHIE AUDOUIN-MAMIKONIAN

Title: Spring Moon
Author: Hrh Princess Sophie Audouin-Mamikonian
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Rating: 

Amid the expansive plains of Montana, the Lykos Ranch streches for miles. The inhabitants who live in near isolation from the outside world are members of the most powerful clan of werewolves in North America. Among them lives just one human: Indiana Teller.
Grandson of the clean's leader and offspring of a werewolf father and a mysterious yet human mother, Indiana is rejected by his peers and heads to the University of Montana to find a normal life. Despite warnings from his grandparents, he falls in love with a beautiful human, Katerina.
Before too long, he is the victim of an accident that would have killed him had he not miraculously vanished at the moment of impact. Are there strange occurrences just chance or the machinations of a hidden enemy out to destroy him? Facing the destiny, Indiana will have to choose who to believe, and who to love.

Thank you Netgalley and Entangled Teen for providing me with a copy of this book!

Werewolves aren't my typical kind of thing to read, and it was nice to read something in that genre. Spring Moon didn't manage to convince me of suddenly loving the whole wolf thing. I know I didn't love the book, yet I also know I didn't hate it. There were things that frustrated me at times, but I didn't forget the things I liked very much.

The fact that I knew everyone was just going to stay alive made the book a bit predictable. It didn't manage to spoil the fun I had while reading. It was interesting to see all these people together in a pack. It sent out a that solidarity of the pack, which felt very real. I think I'm just very interested in how things go in wolf packs. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see that much of the whole wolf pack thing in general because Indiana had to go to university.

Other elements such as the pace and writing were quite good. It was fast paced at times such as the action scenes, but I still had my moments of wanting to put it down for a moment. It had nothing to do with the pace, at all. What did, was the writing style. I didn't like it. I thought I'd read books with way too many descriptions. Spring Moon surpasses them all. Especially the monologue felt dreaded, as if the author had to fill up some space. Thank God, it got way better as I got more into it. After a while you get used to the overuse of descriptions that were still very noticable in the story. Out of the characters, there wasn't really someone I loved. If I must choose one, I think I'd be Serafina. With her Mary Sue character and her fierce side, she's that character you both like and dislike. She was able to stand up for herself, unlike others. Thinking about the characters, I'd completely forgotten about Seasmus. A typical drunk in the beginning with probably the best development out of all the characters. How he decided to stop drinking after the semi incident out of safety for his daughter? Lovely. Just, lovely. I adored the other side of him we get to see after it all.

The action was a big bonus, although the plot itself being predictable. The romance was okay, but the wolf thing was so interesting. Eventually, Spring Moon was that kind of book I enjoyed reading, despite the little issues I had with it.

Aurélie Cremers is an eighteen-year-old living in Belgium. As an active member on Goodreads, Edelweiss and Amazon, she's always spreading her reviews to express her opinion and influences her followers to read the books she fairly enjoyed. When she's not writing, you can find her at her local bookstore or in a classroom. With her blog, "Exploring Pages", Aurélie hopes to gain a larger public in the near future and to continue that what she'll always love doing: writing.

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home